Monday, May 11, 2020

May 11 Updates

Hello Room 5 Families,

It is hard to believe that we are beginning Week Six of Ongoing Learning through Google Classroom. Thank you to parents and students for being flexible, open minded and for demonstrating perseverance as we navigate this new learning path together. Please note that Friday, May 14th is a Non Instructional Day and Monday, May 18th is Victoria Day.

The Yearbook Committee is asking for your help. They are looking for "At Home" learning photo submissions for the 2019/2020 Yearbook.  
Photo ideas:  what at home learning looks like for your children, their workspace, working in the house, working outside, examples of work they have created. 
The image size needs to be a maximum 0f 10 megapixels and should be at least 270 pixels per inch so that they are not blurry.  
Please email me with any photo submissions you have by May 25, 2020.

I will continue to hold Google Meets for students to connect with myself as well as one another. As I understand that all students benefit in different ways, I have been scheduling a mixture of both small group as well as whole class Google Meets. The invitation for a Google Meet shows up in Google Classroom at the top, please help your child look for these invitations and RSVP. This upcoming Wednesday, May 13th we will have a whole class Google Meet.

Please know that I am here to support you and your child understand, navigate and complete assignments. Once an assignment is turned in, I try my best to provide timely feedback connected to the assignment success criteria. Sometimes I may return the assignment for students to make changes and improvements. Please contact me through email if you and your child require any type of support, whether that be through email, a one-on-one Google Meet, or phone call.

Thank you and I hope everyone in your household is doing well,

Mrs. Morden

2 comments: